Director of Coaching
Murfreesboro Soccer Club
P.O. Box 10591
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Murfreesboro Soccer Club (MSC) is seeking to hire a fulltime Director of Coaching (DOC) to develop, operate and oversee the select and recreational soccer programs. MSC has approximately 450 select players ranging from U8 to U18 and a recreational program that has grown to an average of a 1,000 players per season. The club utilizes the 132 acre Richard Siegel Championship Soccer Complex, a $13.5 million facility which includes 15 fields and a championship stadium.
Recently, Livability.com named Murfreesboro one of the top 10 midsize soccer cities in the country. This high recognition is a direct result of strong community support, state-of-the-art facilities and a growing interest in the game. In the past several years, Murfreesboro and MSC were the proud hosts of two distinguished soccer tournaments – The President’s Cup (Division II National Tournament) in 2010 and The U.S. Youth Soccer Division I Southern Region Championships in 2011.
Murfreesboro has been named the “Most Livable Town” in Tennessee and continues to be one of the fastest growing cities in the state. It is located just a short drive southeast of Nashville and is the home of Middle Tennessee State University.
Mission of MSC
Murfreesboro Soccer Club is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to assist in the physical, mental, and character development of each player through the game of soccer. The Club is dedicated to providing Murfreesboro and surrounding area youth the opportunity to achieve and enjoy the highest attainable level of team soccer in both the recreational and competitive formats.
The Director of Coaching, as a full-time position for Murfreesboro Soccer Club, shall:
- Recruit, direct and supervise the Murfreesboro Soccer Club coaching staff in consultation with Murfreesboro Soccer Club Select committee.
- Develop, operate, and oversee both recreation and select programs.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the soccer operation within the club.
- Assist the Board of Directors in planning the future direction and structure of the Murfreesboro Soccer Club along with promoting interest of the club at all times.
- Provide a minimum two year commitment to the Murfreesboro Soccer Club
- USSF A/B license, NSCAA equivalent, or equivalent foreign licensure – C level license will be accepted if a commitment to B license attainment is demonstrated.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and dispute resolution skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and motivate youth and adults.
- Ability to develop and execute a long-term vision for a growing soccer club
- Committed to working a nontraditional work schedule.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with both recreational and select coaches to improve player and coach development.
- Maintain and implement a written Player Development Program for all MSC programs.
- Observe and evaluate practice sessions as appropriate, offering guidance where necessary.
- Provide support and help coaches improve player development.
- Organize clinics and camps for players and coaches.
- Conduct and implement bi-annual coaches meetings (minimum).
- Provide a standardized written training curriculum to progressively guide a player’s progress from U5-U18 age groups.
- Develop and support licensure requirements and facilitate involvement with the ODP program.
- Provide a bi-annual assessment for all MSC programs to the Murfreesboro Soccer Club President and Committees.
- Provide bi-annual evaluations of Select coaches to the Murfreesboro Soccer Club President, Select Committee, and the respective coaches.
- Implement and administer a coaching education program for both Recreational and Select coaches.
- Coordinate and implement club training sessions.
- Develop and oversee the operation of a U5-U10 youth development Academy program.
- Design and administer Select team tryouts.
- Assist in the design of a college recruiting program and educate parents and players on college playing opportunities.
- Represent the Murfreesboro Soccer Club at functions, meetings, and events as directed by Murfreesboro Soccer Club President and Board of Directors.
- Submit reports and attend monthly board meetings.
- Communicate with administrative assistant and other board members, as needed.
- Annual compensation, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Reimbursement of budgeted, job-related travel expenses.
Submit the following to Leanna Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 15, 2013.
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of three professional references